The world of marketing is changing. Here’s how to keep up by using video...
Let’s face it, in 2018 consumers have too much information coming their way and not enough time to be able to absorb even the smallest portion of it. We are all shouting to get our messages across, but very few are being heard. This means businesses are struggling to make themselves stand out. Couple “information overload” with a dwindling attention span and we have our work cut out for us.
But not all hope is lost. The world of marketing is changing and bringing with it a new era: Video Marketing.
Due to the overwhelming societal decrease in attention span, companies are turning to video in order to capture their customers’ attention. And it works! In fact, 59 percent of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, on the same page, they prefer to watch the video.
Studies are also finding that information is better absorbed by the consumer when it is shown through video, rather than text. This, in turn, leads to an increase in conversion rates and sales. Consumers engage more with video than with text and are more likely to buy a product they have seen in a video. For example, findings show that after watching a video, 64 percent of users are more likely to buy a product online. The conclusion is simple. Your customers would rather watch a video about your product than reading about it.
So what are some ways you can make use of video to market your business? Here are some strategies for incorporating video into your marketing:
Live streaming and video blogging
Live streams and video blogs go a long way in helping build trust and loyalty with your brand. Regular videos that discuss relevant and interesting topics will draw in an audience that will return on a consistent basis. This will boost your online following drastically, and allow the customer to get more comfortable with your business.
Video on a landing page
Including a video on your website’s landing page is key. Studies show that including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80 percent. Watching a tutorial or promotional video about your product or service equips the customer with the information they need in order to make a quality decision about your product. Creating a video is a great way to sum up the benefits your company provides with your service or product. In the end, providing the customer with the information they need through video is a much stronger way of assuring they will receive your message.
Video in your posts
Social media platforms demand the lowest attention span from their users. Users are able to scroll through a feed and skip by whatever does not grab their attention immediately. This is why video is such a valuable tool. It has been found that 500 million people are watching Facebook videos every day and 82 percent of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter. This means that users are making the time to purposefully watch these videos. However, be aware that creating a video for social media platforms is different than with other techniques. Some tips to keep in mind are:
- Keep it short. Most social media users won’t watch a promotional video longer than one minute.
- Make it relevant. If the video isn’t entirely promotional, ensure that it speaks about a topic that is relevant and informative to your audience.
- Use captions. 85 percent of Facebook video is watched without sound, so it is highly recommended you include captions or subtitles with your video.
Video in your emails
The statistics say it all. In a recent study, when marketers included a video in an email, click-through rates increased by 200-300 percent. Even simply putting the word “video” in an email subject line boosted open rates by 19 percent. Video emailing is the hottest new method for distributing campaigns, and for good reason.
There are many effective ways that video emailing can be useful for your business:
- Strengthening your customer relationships: Let your customers know how important they are to you by sending them a personalized video message. Use tricks such as including their name in your recording and speaking unscripted. Video emailing is all about getting more personal with your customer and strengthening those relationships in order to increase customer retention. Personalizing your message for your customer shows them that you have gone out of your way to make them feel more comfortable.
- Creating a more meaningful brand association: Most people would rather do business with someone they can put a face and a voice to. By sending a video email with yourself in the recording, your customers will be able to make a more personal association to your brand. Your business is no longer solely about your product or service but involves a human aspect as well.
- Educating and informing your customers: You can use video emailing to distribute your product tutorial or promotional video directly to your targets, rather than wait for them to visit your website. Pair this with a recorded message from you or your team, and links to more resources, and your customer will be fully equipped to make the right decision.
In the end, video marketing can be used in a multitude of ways. How you choose to use it depends on the nature of your business, but you can be certain of one thing: video works. It’s time to revamp your marketing strategies to include video marketing. If you’re ready to take the next step, then check out some of these resources to help you get started: