How to Market your Business Using Videos
- Eleanor Herschorn
Due to the overwhelming societal decrease in attention span, companies are turning to video in order to capture their customers’ attention. And it works! In fact, 59 percent of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, on the same page, they prefer to watch the video.
Studies are also finding that information is better absorbed by the consumer when it is shown through video rather than text. This, in turn, leads to an increase in conversion rates and sales. Consumers engage more with video than with text, and are more likely to buy a product they have seen in a video. According to one study, 64 percent of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video. The conclusion is simple. Your customers would rather watch a video about your product than read about it.
How to Use Video in Email Marketing?
Live streaming and video blogging
Video on a landing page
Video in your posts
- Keep it short. Most social media users won’t watch a promotional video longer than one minute.
- Make it relevant. If the video isn’t entirely promotional, ensure that it speaks about a topic that is relevant and informative to your audience.
- Use captions. 85 percent of Facebook video is watched without sound, so it is highly recommended you include captions or subtitles with your video.
Emails with Videos
- Strengthening your customer relationships: Let your customers know how important they are to you by sending them a personalized video message. Use tricks such as including their name in your recording and speaking unscripted. Video emailing is all about getting more personal with your customers and strengthening those relationships in order to increase customer retention. Personalizing your message for your customer shows them that you have gone out of your way to make them feel more comfortable.
- Creating a more meaningful brand association: Most people would rather do business with someone they can put a face to. By sending a video email with yourself in the recording, your customers will be able to make a more personal association with your brand. Your business is no longer solely about your product or service but involves a human aspect as well.
- Educating and informing your customers: You can use video emailing to distribute your product tutorial or promotional video directly to your targets, rather than wait for them to visit your website. Pair this with a recorded message from you or your team, and links to more resources, and your customer will be fully equipped to make the right decision.
In the end, video marketing can be used in a multitude of ways. These are just some of the ideas about how to use video in email marketing. How you choose to use it depends on the nature of your business, but you can be certain of one thing: video works. It’s time to revamp your marketing strategies to include video marketing. If you’re ready to take the next step, then check out some of these resources to help you get started:
- Design and produce a video yourself with Content Samurai.
- Manage your social media activities with HootSuite.
- Start producing and sending video emails with Cheers Connect.